Cub Scout Pack 759 | Adventures in Coins
Adventures in Coins
Ask your parents to download the worksheet for Adventures in Coins. It has some stuff in it that will help you complete the requirements and earn the Adventures in Coins Award.
Adventures in Coins Requirements
Having a hobby can be a lot of fun!! Adventures in Coins is a great way to learn about coins and how currency has evolved and changed over thousands of years. Learn how coins are made in places called “mints” and learn the value of coins based on their currency value and their value as a rare item. There are all types of coins throughout history, name a few and I am sure you will be earning your Adventures in Coins Award!
Complete Requirements 1-4 and any other(s) of your choice.
- Identify different parts of a coin.
- Find the mint mark on a coin. Identify the mint where the coin was made and the year.
- Choose a coin that interests you, and make a coin rubbing.
- List information next to the coin detailing the pictures on it, the year it was made, and the mint where it was made.
- Play a game or create a game board with your den or family where you can practice adding and subtracting coins.
- Play a coin game.
- Create a balance scale.
- Do a coin-weight investigation.