Ask your parents to download the worksheet for Bear Necessities. It has some stuff in it that will help you complete the requirements and earn the Bear Necessities Award.
Bear Necessities Requirements
With Bear Necessities you start acquiring the basic skills of an independent camper. You learn how to find a place to pitch your tent, you learn how to make a list of things to take before you go camping, you learn how to check the weather and other things needed to plan a successful camping adventure. Get going with the Bear Necessities and earn the Award.
Complete Requirements 1 – 4. Requirements 5 and 6 are optional.
- While working on your Bear badge, attend one of the following:
- A daytime or overnight campout with your pack or family
- An outdoor activity with your den or pack
- Day camp
- Resident camp
- Make a list of items you should take along on the activity selected in Requirement 1.
- Make a list of equipment that the group should bring along in addition to each Scout?s personal gear for the activity selected in Requirement 1.
- Help set up a tent. Determine a good spot for the tent, and explain to your den leader why you picked it.
- Demonstrate how to tie two half hitches and explain what the hitch is used for.
- Learn how to read a thermometer and a barometer. Keep track of the temperature and barometric pressure readings and the actual weather at the same time every day for seven days.