Bear Picnic Basket
Ask your parents to download the worksheet for Bear Picnic Basket. It has some stuff in it that will help you complete the requirements and earn the Bear Picnic Basket Award.
Bear Picnic Basket Requirements
In Cub Scouts, we have a slightly different definition of “eating out.” Let’s have a picnic, and you can pick the picnic basket. The Bear Picnic Basket will help you learn how to plan meals and what ingredients go into some of your favorite foods as you learn how to cook them over a campfire or propane burners. Have an adult help you get your ingredients at a grocery store and let’s have a Bear Picnic Basket!
Complete at least three of the following.
- Create your own Bear cookbook using at least five recipes you might cook or prepare either on your own or with some adult help. Include at least one recipe each for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a nutritious snack.
- With a family member or den leader, prepare for cooking by explaining the importance of planning, tool selection, sanitation, and cooking safety.
- Select and prepare two nutritious snacks for yourself, your family, or your den.
- With the help of an adult, select a recipe to prepare in a kitchen for your den or your family. Help to select the needed ingredients, perhaps from a garden, grocery store, or farmers? market. Cook and serve your planned meal. Clean up after the preparation and cooking.
- With the help of an adult, select a recipe to prepare in the outdoors for your family or den. Help to select the needed ingredients, perhaps from a garden, grocery store, or farmers? market. Cook and serve your planned meal. Clean up after the preparation and cooking.