Cub Scout Pack 759 | Building a Better World
Building a Better World
Ask your parents to download the worksheet for Building a Better World. It has some stuff in it that will help you complete the requirements and earn the Building a Better World Pin.
Building a Better World Requirements
It’s time to walk the path less traveled. As you work on your Arrow of Light Rank Achievement, you are starting on the path to being a Boy Scout. Start on that path by understanding how to Build a Better World. Understand how Scouts permeate society to Build a Better World and learn about Scouting all across the globe with the same core values and laws.
Complete Requirements 1-6.
- Explain the history of the United States flag. Show how to properly display the flag in public, and help lead a flag ceremony.
- Learn about and describe your rights and duties as a citizen, and explain what it means to be loyal to your country.
- Discuss in your Webelos den the term “rule of law,” and talk about how it applies to you in your everyday life.
- Meet with a government or community leader, and learn about his or her role in your community. Discuss with the leader an important issue facing your community.
- Show that you are an active leader by planning an activity for your den without your den leader?s help. Ask your den leader for approval first.
- Do at least one of these:
- Learn about Scouting in another part of the world. With the help of your parent, guardian, or den leader, pick one country where Scouting exists, and research its Scouting program.
- Set up an exhibit at a pack meeting to share information about the World Friendship Fund.
- Under the supervision of your parent, guardian, or den leader, connect with a Scout in another country during an event such as Jamboree on the Air or Jamboree on the Internet or by other means
- Learn about energy use in your community and in other parts of the world.
- Identify one energy problem in your community, and find out what has caused it.