Collections and Hobbies
Ask your parents to download the worksheet for Collections and Hobbies. It has some stuff in it that will help you complete the requirements and earn the Collections and Hobbies Award.
Collections and Hobbies Requirements
Collections and Hobbies are a fun way to use your time to understand the history of things or to amass a full set of something. Just as Adventures in Coins was about coin collecting, there are a lot of other hobbies and collectibles you can do. In this elective you will build a small collection of something, it could be rubber bands, coins, slippers, or something else around the house that you have a lot of and in various shapes and style. As you look at your collection you can also collect a person’s signature called an autograph – get some from family members so they can leave you a note about how much fun they have with you as you work on the Collections and Hobbies Award.
Complete the following Requirements.
- Begin a collection of 10 items that all have something in common. Label the items and title your collection.
- Share your collection at a den meeting.
- Complete one of the following and tell your den what you learned:
- Visit a show or museum that displays different collections or models.
- Watch a webcast or other media presentation about collecting or model building.
- Complete one of the following:
- Create an autograph book, and get 10 autographs. Start with members of your den.
- With your parent?s or guardian?s permission, pick a famous living person, and write him or her a letter. In your letter, ask the person to send you an autographed photo.