Cub Scout Pack 759 | Critter Care
Ask your parents to download the worksheet for Critter Care. It has some stuff in it that will help you complete the requirements and earn the Critter Care Award.
Critter Care Requirements
When it comes to taking care of our pets and other animals, a little know-how on Critter Care may come in handy. Tell us about the things you do to take care of your pet, and make a presentation about your pet. You can learn more about Critter Care by going to a zoo or a veterinarian and asking them how they care for the more exotic animals. Learn about being an animal care provider and your Critter Care Award is in the bag.
Complete all of the following.
- Complete one of the following:
- If you have a pet, make a list of tasks that you did to take care of a pet for two weeks.
- If you do not have a pet, research one that you would like to have and prepare a report about the care it needs.
- Complete one of the following and share with your den, pack, or family:
- Make a poster or PowerPoint about your pet or a pet you would like to own. Share your presentation with your den, pack, or family.
- Make a poster or PowerPoint explaining three ways that animals can help people.
- Complete at least one of the following and share with your den, pack, or family:
- Visit with a local veterinarian or an animal shelter caretaker. Find out what types of animals he or she might see on a regular basis and the types of care he or she gives to them.
- Learn about careers that involve the care of animals. What education, training, and experience are required?