Webelos Stronger, Faster, Higher
Ask your parents to download the worksheet for Stronger, Faster, Higher. It has some stuff in it that will help you complete the requirements and earn the Stronger, Faster, Higher Pin.
Webelos Stronger Faster Higher
The Scout Oath asks us to “keep myself physically strong…” and being strong mean being fit and healthy. Being fit means exercise, and plenty of it. Welcome to Webelos Stronger, Faster, Higher. In this requirement you will design your own exercise routine, learn about being safe and using correct posture when exercising, play games, and keep moving. Be sure to track your activities on a piece of paper and every time you exercise say to yourself “just one more” Look back on your routine and let us know how you did!
Complete Requirements 1-3 and at least one other.
- Understand and explain why you should warm up before exercising and cool down afterward.
- Demonstrate the proper way to warm up and cool down.
- Do these activities and record your results:
- 20 yard dash, vertical jump, lifting a 5 pound weight, push-ups, curls, jumping rope.
- Make an exercise plan that includes at least three physical activities.
- Carry out your plan for 30 days, and write down your progress each week.
- Try a new sport that you have never tried before.
- With your den, prepare a fitness course or series of games that includes jumping, avoiding obstacles, weight lifting, and running.
- Time yourself going through the course, and try to improve your time over a two week period.
- With adult guidance, help younger Scouts by leading them in a fitness game or games.