Cub Scout Pack 759 | Digging In The Past
Digging in the Past
Ask your parents to download the worksheet for Digging in the Past. It has some stuff in it that will help you complete the requirements and earn the Digging in the Past Award.
Digging in the Past Requirements
Dinosaurs lived millions of years ago and yet every day we find one somewhere on the planet. Typically, we find their bones as fossils but sometimes, frozen in ice for hundreds of thousands of years, we can find even more than that. Digging in the past gives you a chance to look for fossils and do like scientists do to try and recreate what the animal was. Build molds of dinosaur bones and build some snacks they might have eaten. Learn about Digging in the Past and have a great time learning about early life on our planet.
Complete the following Requirements.
- Play a game that demonstrates your knowledge of dinosaurs, such as a dinosaur match game.
- Create an imaginary dinosaur. Share with your den its name, what it eats, and where it lives.
- Complete one of the following:
- Make a fossil cast.
- Make a dinosaur dig. Be a paleontologist, and dig through a dinosaur dig made by another member of your den. Show and explain the ways a paleontologist works carefully during a dig.
- Make edible fossil layers. Explain how this snack is a good model for the formation of fossils.