Duty to God in Action
Ask your parents to download the worksheet for Duty to God in Action. It has some stuff in it that will help you complete the requirements and earn the Duty to God in Action pin and wear it in reverence to the work you have done.
Duty to God in Action Requirements
Continue your contemplation of faith and how it intertwines with Scouting, our Laws, our Oath, our Motto and finish with your Duty to God in Action.
Complete Requirements 1 and 2 plus at least two others of your choice.
- Discuss with your parent, guardian, den leader, or other caring adult what it means to do your duty to God. Tell how you do your duty to God in your daily life.
- Under the direction of your parent, guardian, or religious or spiritual leader, do an act of service for someone in your family, neighborhood, or community. Talk about your service with your family. Tell your family how it related to doing your duty to God.
- Earn the religious emblem of your faith that is appropriate for your age, if you have not done so already.
- With your parent, guardian, or religious or spiritual leader, discuss and make a plan to do two things you think will help you better do your duty to God. Do these things for a month.
- Discuss with your family how the Scout Oath and Scout Law relate to your beliefs about duty to God.
- For at least a month, pray or reverently meditate each day as taught by your family or faith community.