Ask your parents to download the worksheet for Family Stories and the family tree or map you can use to explain your family history. It has some stuff in it that will help you complete the requirements and earn the Family Stories Award.
Family Stories Requirements
Family Stories are about the people you call family and the place where you call home. Family Stories are full of history and wonder about generations past and current generations of family members. Tell your story. Tell your family story and earn the Family Stories Award!
Complete Requirement 1 and at least three others.
Note that any requirement may be completed based on family of origin or family with whom you live.
- Discuss with your parent/guardian, a family member, or other caring adult where some of your family members originated. Discuss family history, traditions, and culture—your family heritage. Share a story or bring something to share with your den about yourself and your family.
- Make a family crest.
- Visit your public library to find out information about the heritage of some of your family members.
- Interview one of your grandparents or another family elder, and share with your den what you learned.
- Make a family tree designed for your particular family.
- Share with your den how you got your name or what your name means.
- Share with your den your favorite snack or dessert that reflects the cultural heritage of one of more of your family members.
- Learn where some members of your family came from, and locate the place(s) on a map. Share this information with your den. With the help of your parent/guardian/other caring adult, locate and write to a pen pal there.