Cub Scout Pack 759 | Finding your Way
Finding Your Way
Ask your parents to download the worksheet for Finding Your Way . It has some stuff in it that will help you complete the requirements and earn the Finding Your Way Award.
Finding Your Way Requirements
Get your bearings straight – that is a way of saying use your compass to find your way. A compass has been used to navigate oceans and across land for thousands of years. Now it’s your turn to learn how to use a map and a compass to find a prize, a place or a person. Have fun while you get your bearings straight and you will earn the Finding Your Way Award!
Complete the following Requirements.
- Using a map of your city or town, locate where you live.
- Draw a map for a friend so he or she can locate your home, a park, a school, or other locations in your neighborhood.
- Use symbols to show parks, buildings, trees, and water. You can invent your own symbols. Be sure to include a key so your symbols can be identified.
- Identify what a compass rose is and where it is on the map.
- Use a compass to identify which direction is north.
- Show how to determine which way is south, east, and west.
- Go on a scavenger hunt using a compass, and locate an object with a compass.
- Using a map and compass, go on a hike or walk with your den or family.