Ask your parents to download the worksheet for Grow Something. It has some stuff in it that will help you complete the requirements and earn the Grow Something Award.
Grow Something Requirements
Grow Something, anything, just about anything you can imagine. You can grow grass, you can grow herbs, you can grow a tree, you can grow potatoes. Learning how to make things grow is a life long skill and a lot of fun. Growing plants using water is called hydroponics and there are a whole bunch of other things you can go to Grow Something and get your Award! Good luck green thumb!
Complete the following Requirements
- Select a seed, and plant it in a small container. Care for it for 30 days. Take a picture or make a drawing of your plant once each week to share with your den or family.
- Find out the growing zone for your area, and share the types of plants that will grow best in your zone.
- Visit or research a botanical or community garden in your area, and learn about two of the plants that grow there. Share what you have learned with your den or family.
- Complete one of the following:
- Make a terrarium. Just make sure there are no fish in the fish tank first!
- Using a seed tray, grow a garden inside your home. Keep a journal of its progress for 30 days. Share the results with your den or family.
- Grow a sweet potato plant in water. Keep a journal of its growth for two weeks. Share the information with your den or family.