Make it Move
Ask your parents to download the worksheet for Make it Move. It has some stuff in it that will help you complete the requirements and earn the Make it Move Award.
Make it Move Requirements
For thousands of years, humans have been using tools to get things done. Ramps were built to raise the pyramids, pulleys raised sails as the British covered the world. Learn about basic tools that make something move including levers, pulleys and then try your hand at making a “Rube-Goldberg” machine and then you can show us a funny way to Make it Move!
Complete all of the following.
- Create an “exploding” craft stick reaction.
- Make two simple pulleys, and use them to move objects.
- Make a lever by creating a seesaw using a spool and a wooden paint stirrer. Explore the way it balances by placing different objects on each end.
- Complete one of the following:
- Draw a Rube Goldberg-type machine. Include at least six steps to complete your action.
- Construct a real Rube Goldberg-type machine to complete a task assigned by your den leader. Use at least two simple machines and include at least four steps.