Ask your parents to download the worksheet for Rolling Tigers. It has some stuff in it that will help you complete the requirements and earn the Rolling Tigers Award.
Rolling Tigers Requirements
Rolling Tigers have a lot of fun. But it’s important to learn the “rules of the road” and how to be safe when riding a bike. Learn hand signals, safety rules and guides so you can enjoy your bike ride safe and sound. Let’s Roll! And earn the Rolling Tigers Award!
Complete Requirements 1-3 plus at least two others.
- With your den or parent/guardian or other caring adult, try on safety gear you should use while riding a bike. Show how to wear a bicycle helmet properly.
- With your den or parent/guardian/other caring adult, learn and demonstrate safety tips to follow when riding a bicycle.
- Learn and demonstrate proper hand signals.
- With your den or parent/guardian or other caring adult, do a safety check on a bicycle.
- With your den or family, go on a bicycle hike wearing your safety equipment. Follow the bicycling safety and traffic laws.
- With your den or parent/guardian/other caring adult, discuss two different types of bicycles and their uses.
- Learn about a famous bicycle race or famous cyclist. Share what you learn with your den.
- Visit your local or state police department to learn about bicycle riding laws.
- Identify two jobs that use bicycles and discuss how they are used.