Cub Scout Pack 759 | Running with the Pack
Running with the Pack
Ask your parents to download the worksheet for Running with the Pack. It has some stuff in it that will help you complete the requirements and earn the Running with the Pack Award.
Running with the Pack Requirements
Running with the Pack requires fitness and endurance and a bit of an interest in having some fun. A Scout promises to “Keep myself physically fit…” so let’s get to it! You can play catch with a friend, family member or person from your den, practice throwing longer, harder and straighter – see how you get better! Play some sports, get your balance, and eat health – all while Running with the Pack and you will surely earn your Award!
Complete each of the following Requirements.
- Play catch with someone in your den or family who is standing 5 steps away from you.
- Play until you can throw and catch successfully at this distance.
- Take a step back and see if you can improve your throwing and catching skills.
- Practice balancing as you walk forward, backward, and sideways.
- Practice flexibility and balance by doing a front roll, a back roll, and a frog stand.
- Play a sport or game with your den or family, and show good sportsmanship.
- Do at least two of the following: frog leap, inchworm walk, kangaroo hop, or crab walk.
- Demonstrate what it means to eat a balanced diet by helping to plan a healthy menu for a meal for your den or family.
- Make a shopping list of the food used to prepare the meal.