Safe and Smart
Ask your parents to download the worksheet for Safe & Smart. It has some stuff in it that will help you complete the requirements and earn the Safe & Smart Award.
Safe and Smart Requirements
Safe and Smart – all Scouts work toward being Safe and Smart. That means you know a lot of things about having a lot of fun and you know how to be Safe while you are doing them and that makes you SMART! Do you know your address? How about the phone numbers of important adults? Do you know what 911 is and how to use it? Learn a ton about being Safe and Smart and earn the Award!
Complete 1-8. Requirement 9 is optional.
- Memorize your address, and say it to your den leader or parent/guardian/other caring adult.
- Memorize an emergency contact?s phone number, and say it to your parent, guardian, or den leader.
- Take the 911 safety quiz.
- Show you can Stop, Drop, and Roll.
- Show you know how to safely roll someone else in a blanket to put out a fire.
- With your parent/guardian or other caring adult, make a fire escape map of your home and explain it to family members and your den.
- With your parent/guardian or other caring adult, try a practice fire drill at home.
- Find the smoke detectors in your home. With the help of your parent/guardian or other caring adult, check the batteries.
- Visit an emergency responder station, or have an emergency responder visit you.