Ask your parents to download the worksheet for Salmon Run. It has some stuff in it that will help you complete the requirements and earn the Salmon Run Award.
Salmon Run Requirements
Salmon are excellent swimmers, often swimming up and down stream and even in the oceans. So your challenge is to swim like a fish so why not try the Salmon Run. Swim in a pond or a lake, learn the rules for safe swimming and safety around and on the water. Row a boat or paddle a canoe and show how to do it properly. Understand how to rescue using reach or throws and finish up earning the BSA beginners swim classification and that will be your Salmon run.
Complete requirements 1-4 and two others.
- Explain the importance of response personnel or lifeguards in a swimming area. Tell how the buddy system works and why it is important.
- Visit a local pool or swimming area with your den or family. Go swimming or take a swimming lesson.
- Explain the safety rules that you need to follow before participating in boating.
- Identify the safety equipment needed when going boating.
- Demonstrate correct rowing or paddling form. Explain how rowing and canoeing are good exercise.
- Show how to do both a reach rescue and a throw rescue.
- Demonstrate the front crawl swim stroke to your den or family.
- Name the three swimming ability groups for the Boy Scouts of America.
- Earn the BSA beginner swim classification.