Cub Scout Pack 759 | Sky Is The Limit
Sky is the Limit
Ask your parents to download the worksheet for the Sky is the Limit. It has some stuff in it that will help you complete the requirements and earn the Sky is the Limit Award.
Sky is the Limit Requirements
The Sky is the Limit – sort of! Look up into the night-time sky and you can see a vast array of stars and even some planets. With Sky Is the Limit, learn about stars and planets, constellations and even a little bit about getting around by following stars. The Sky is the Limit for some, but Tigers Roar and Soar to earn the Sky is the Limit Award!
Complete Requirements 1-3 plus at least one other.
- With your den or parent/guardian/other caring adult, go outside to observe the night sky. Talk about objects you see or might see.
- Look at a distant object through a telescope or binoculars. Show how to focus the device you chose.
- Find out about two astronauts who were Scouts when they were younger. Share what you learned with your den.
- Observe in the sky or select from a book, chart, computer, or electronic device two constellations that are easy to see in the night sky.
- With your parent/guardian or other caring adult, find out the names of the stars that make up the constellation and how the constellation got its name. Share what you found with your den.
- Draw and name your own constellation. Share your constellation with your den.
- Create a homemade model of a constellation.
- Find out about two different jobs related to astronomy. Share this information with your den.
- With your den or family, visit a planetarium, observatory, science museum, astronomy club, or college or high school astronomy teacher. Before you go, write down questions you might want to ask. Share what you learned.