Ask your parents or guardian to download the worksheet for Tiger Bits. It’s delicious and who doesn’t like to cook?!?!? And EAT!!! So learn about good, healthy foods and good healthy eating habits and you will be able to earn Tiger Bites! Download the worksheet to get started…
Tiger Bites Requirements
Let’s open up and Take a BITE!!! We are Tigers so we are active and we are HUNGRY!!! Learn about healthy foods and eating with your den and family and show how to make a meal by helping out in the kitchen. Don’t forget to do those dishes!!!
Complete requirements 1 and 2 plus at least two others.
- With your parent, guardian, other caring adult, or den, find out about good food choices and not-so-good choices. Identify three foods that you think would be good choices and three foods that would not be good choices.
- Explain the importance of hand washing before a meal and clean-up after a meal. Then show how you would do each.
- Show that you know the difference between a fruit and a vegetable. Eat one of each.
- With your parent, guardian, or other caring adult, pick a job to help your family at mealtime. Do it for at least four meals.
- Talk with your parent, guardian, or other caring adult about what foods you can eat with your fingers. Practice your manners when eating them.
- With your parent, guardian, or other caring adult, plan and make a good snack choice or other nutritious food to share with your den.